Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Top Albums of 2009 & the Decade!!!



I love music. My radio is my bestfriend. It comforts me. It makes me laugh. It makes me cry. It makes me dance the pain away! A lot of music has been released this year. Some good. Some bad. Some ill. Some ewww. Here are a few of my faves broken down by genres. Keep in mind these are the albums that I like listed in numerical order by the amount of rotation it gets in my itunes. Enjoy! You might agree with me and I might've even put you on to some new shit!



My "other shyt" faves of 2009


1. Dirty Projectors- Bitte Orca

2. Grizzly Bear- Veckatimest

3. Peaches- I feel cream

4. Amanda Blank- I Love You

5. Pink- Funhouse

*Black- Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies)" gets honorable mention*


My fave Mixtapes of 2009

1. Trey Songz- anticipation

2. 50 cent- forever king

3. Lil Wayne- no ceilings

4. Drake- so far gone

5. Nicki Minaj- beam me up scotty

6.Oceans 7- 3000 and 9 shit

7. The Cool Kids- gone fishing

8. Wale- back to the feature




My fave R&B albums of 2009

1. Maxwell- a blacksummer's night

2. Alicia Keys- the element of freedom

3. Melanie Fiona- the bridge

4. Dream- love vs. money

5. Ledisi- turn me loose

6.  Day 26- forever and a day

7. Chrissette Michelle- epiphany

8. Trey Songz- ready

9. Keyshia Cole- a different me

10. Mario- DNA

*Whitney Houston's "I look to you" gets honarable mention*


My fave rap albums of 2009

1. Jay- Z- the blueprint 3

2. Slaughterhouse- slaughterhouse

3. Fabolous- loso's way

4. Mos Def- the estatic

5. Raekwon- only built 4 Cuban linx 2

6. Clipse- 'til the casket drops

7. Kid Cudi- man on the moon

8. Jay Electronica- Exhibit C

9. Jadakiss- the last kiss

10. Wale- attention deficit

*Eminem's "Relapse" gets honarable mention*





My fave albums of the decade
(albums that I still love to play as if it was released just yesterday in no particular order)

*Sol- Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams- Solange

*Confessions- Usher

*Trey Day- Trey Songz

*Full Moon- Brandy

*Good Girl Gone Bad (reloaded)- Rihanna

*8701- Usher

*Just Like You- Keyshia Cole

*Aaliyah- Aaliyah

*Diary of Alicia Keys- Alicia Keys

*Dangerously in Love- Beyonce

*The Becoming- Beanie Sigel

*B'day- Beyonce

*Destiny Fulfilled- Destiny's Child

*Britney- Britney

*Blackout- Britney

*Purple Haze- Cam'ron

*Exclusive- Chris Brown

*Lord Willin'- Clipse

*Stripped- Christina Aguilera

*Be- Common

*Welcome to the Dollhouse- Danity Kane

*Mama's Gun- Erykah Badu

*From nothin' to somethin'- Fabolous

*Ghetto Fabolous- Fabolous

*From under the cork tree- Fall Out Boy

*Broken Silence- Foxy Brown

*Floetic- Floetry

*Philadelphia Freeway- Freeway

*American Gangster- Jay- Z

*The Blueprint- Jay- Z

*The Black Album- Jay- Z

*Futuresex/ Lovesounds- Justin Timberlake

*Who is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1- Jill Scott

*Late Registration- Kanye West

*Graduation- Kanye West

*Breakaway- Kelly Clarkson

*Kina- Kina

*Get Lifted- John Legend

*The Naked Truth- Lil' Kim

*The Carter- Lil' Wayne

*The Carter 2- Lil' Wayne

*The Carter 3- Lil' Wayne

*The Emancipation of Mimi- Mariah Carey

*Invincible- Micheal Jackson

*Now- Maxwell

*Fear of Flying- Mya

*Fly or Die- N.E.R.D

*Stillmatic- Nas

*In My Own Words- NE- YO

*Because of You- NE- YO

*I am... Sasha Fierce- Beyonce

*College Dropout- Kanye West

*TP.com- R. Kelly

*Return of Saturn- No Doubt

*Speakerboxx/ The Love Below- OutKast

*The Chocolate Factory- R. Kelly

*Missundaztood- Pink

*Get Rich or Die Tryin'- 50 cent

*Paper Trail- T.I

*Metropolis: The Chase Suite- Janelle Monae

*The All- American Rejects- The All- American Rejects

*Dirty Little Secret- The All- American Rejects

*Boys Like Girls- Boys Like Girls

*Trap Muzik- T.I

*Nas- Nas


*******HAPPY NEW YEAR*******





R.I.P. (2009)


*Dolla (rapper)
*Tega (rapper)
*Michael Jackson (King of Pop)
*Baatin (rapper)
*DJ AM (DJ)
*Roc Raider (DJ)
*Mr. Magic (DJ)

0 comments:

Post a Comment