Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thats not the Tee hunnii!!!! (rant)

Woke up to a beautiful morning. The Sun was peeking through the blinds begging to get in and be seen, so I obliged. Cracked the window and felt the gentle breeze. Whispered a "Thank You". Started my morning. Separated colors from the whites while the mellow sounds of neo soul played in the background. My morning: so far, so good... and then...

A friend of mine sent me a link and titled it "WTF?". Of course I wanted to see what it was all about so I opened it. It was a video segment of a chicago news program. Apparently in the last 50 hours (between March 31st and April 2nd) 40 people have been shot, 4 people died. One of the shootings happened two blocks away from where the Commissioner and the Superintendent of the Chicago police department were holding a press conference addressing the previous shootings.

 Chicago's abc7 news clip on 40 shootings in 50 hours

As I am watching the video, all I can think is "Why?". Now I'm questioning if the why matters? We can go on for days torturing ourselves trying to figure out the cause. When I hear about things like this I get upset.  I often hear about incidents like this. There are MANY people who do not have any idea that this is what's happening because they aren't interested or distracted by nonsense. They're getting "razzle dazzled"" *in my Billy Flint voice*.

This behavior isn't justified by any means! It's wrong! This isn't the wild wild west and ain't none of ya'll  John Wayne. You can't just walk around shooting mass amounts of people. I don't care if it is about retaliation... 40 people have gotten shot. That is ridiculous. Your cable subscription should be terminated because you've been watching too many repeats of "Scarface".

And what upsets me more is the fact that I'm reading comments like "Gangster Shit". Hand- clap for the assholes who think that this behavior is okay. It's non productive.

 Be Aware!!!!!

And now back to my beautiful morning...

Oh yeah, Happy Easter Everyone! *MuAH*

0 comments:

Post a Comment